Many University of Michigan students have mental health disorders which require ongoing care. The Campus Mind Works website was designed to simplify access to the wide variety of mental health and academic support resources at the University of Michigan, and provide information to help students stay healthy and manage college life.
The website was developed by the University of Michigan Depression Center and the Division of Student Affairs, in collaboration with schools and colleges across the U-M campus. Initial funding for the Campus Mind Works initiative was provided by a grant from the U.S. Department of Education.
Campus Mind Works is intended to work in concert with MiTalk, a website designed for all U-M students to learn about mental health and wellness issues.
Campus Mind Works Mission
- Provide resources and information to help U-M students succeed in college while managing a psychiatric disorder;
- Provide information for families, faculty, staff, and students focusing on ways to support a U-M student with a psychiatric disorder;
- Facilitate access to psychiatric services for the subset of U-M students who have ongoing psychiatric disorders.
Is this the right website for me?
- If you have a psychiatric emergency or need help right away, call Psychiatric Emergency Services at 734-936-5900.
- If you have been diagnosed with a mental health disorder and are looking for ongoing support resources, you are in the right place. Click on the “Students” sidebar to get started.
- If you are looking for mental health support services, visit our resource database where you can use specialized search features to find appropriate campus and community resources.
- If you have concerns about the mental health of yourself or a friend, visit MiTalk.
If you have comments about the website or would like further information, please contact email@example.com. We will respond to your message within 48 hours.
The Campus Mind Works e-mail address is not meant for health related questions or concerns. If you are concerned about your mental health, please call Counseling and Psychological Services at 734-764-8312. If this is an emergency, please call 911, or Psychiatric Emergency Services at 734-936-5900.
Campus Mindworks is the result of the vision of Waltraud ("Wally") Prechter, a tremendous supporter of the University of Michigan and the Heinz C. Prechter Bipolar Research Fund. Following her lead, the Depression Center submitted a proposal for this program to the U.S. Department of Education. Special thanks to Congressman Joseph Knollenberg for his support of this proposal and his efforts toward improving mental health care for residents of the State of Michigan.
Melvin G McInnis, M.D., FRCPsych
Thomas B and Nancy Upjohn Woodworth Professor of Bipolar Disorder and Depression,
Professor of Psychiatry
Director, Prechter Bipolar Research Programs
Associate Director, University of Michigan of Depression Center
Stephanie Salazar, MPH
Program Director for Outreach & Education, University of Michigan Depression Center
Steve Brunwasser, MS, Doctoral Candidate in Clinical Psychology
Lisa O'Donnell, LMSW