Find Treatment Services

There are a number of different mental health treatment services available on campus and throughout the Ann Arbor area.

Currently enrolled U-M students are able to receive free treatment services from CAPS and UHS.

  • CAPS (Counseling and Psychological Services) provides free mental health treatment services including individual therapy, clinical groups and workshops, and psychiatric services
  • UHS  (University Health Service) provides free mental health screenings, referral, follow-ups, and medication management for confirmed diagnoses. A psychiatrist is also available for consultation after receiving a referral.

“UHS and CAPS are valuable resources that you should use regularly, not just when your health, mental or physical, gets to emergency level.”

Other U-M treatment options include in-patient care at the Adult Inpatient Psychiatry Program at U-M Hospital and out-patient care with the U-M Department of Psychiatry. These services are not covered under the student fees.

If you wish to seek care outside of Michigan Medicine, there are a number of other clinicians in the area.


Get Help Now - Crisis Text Line 741-741 // Call U-M Crisis Phone Line: (734) 936-5900 or (734) 996-4747